A servant attitude for the cause of Christ and the advancement of His church is an essential part of an individual’s performance.
Job Title: Nursery Attendant
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Director
Schedule Type: Shift: Part time 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. 4 hours Sunday mornings 5:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m. 2 hours on alternating Wednesday evenings. Special events as needed.
Compensation Range: $8.50 to TBD/hourly
Description: Actual Schedule: Full time / Part time: Exempt / Non-Exempt: Hours/Week Part time Non-Exempt
This position requires a self-starter who can complete tasks with minimal supervision. The ability to work well with children, parents, and church volunteers is crucial. This position cares for children 8 weeks through 2 years old. It is important to be detail oriented and have the ability to multi task. Attention to a sanitary work environment is required.
• Maintains a sanitary working environment.
• Collects all pertinent information and supplies from guardians.
• Helps to guide parent and church volunteers.
• Cares for children between the ages of 8 weeks through 2 years old. Sometimes may help in toddler room.
• Check nursery at beginning of each shift and after for cleanliness and safety hazards.
• Communicate effectively with parents regarding any concerns of children in your care.
• Must be willing to work holidays and special events including extra shifts the weeks of Easter, Vacation Bible School, and Christmas, as well as one Saturday quarterly when a mission project is scheduled. Also attends staff meetings as called.
• Welcomes visitors, provide general information regarding our childcare policies and make them comfortable.
• Upkeep and use of our paging system.
• Participates in annual training and certification requirements.
• Other duties as required.
HS diploma/ GED
Must pass Criminal Background Check
Experience working in an educational setting or related discipline. CPR and first aid certification.
To apply contact: Lauren Earle at email@example.com or call Kyle United Methodist Church 512-268-2331