We believe and work hard at embracing ALL people. Every person is a child of God and we accept them AS THEY ARE with:
- Open Hearts: We believe that living a life inspired by God’s love compels us to offer help, hope, and healing to those looking for more meaning in our lives.
- Open Minds: We believe God’s grace is available to ALL people, no matter where you’re from, what you look like, or who you love.
- Open Doors: We believe in welcoming others into our lives, but also in taking action outside the walls of the church to serve our neighbors, next door, and around the world.
To be United Methodist is to be included in a diverse, worldwide community of connected churches bound in faith and service to the world. John Wesley maintained that disciples of Jesus would grow in their own commitment to Christ by inviting others into their lives, including those who were isolated or marginalize; he called this active engagement of humanity “social holiness.” —Rethinkchurch.org
to make disciples of Christ and share God’s grace to a diverse community.
- Bring: as an inclusive church, we invite and welcome all God’s people.
- Equip: grounded in tradition and committed to the future, we are dedicated to being a family fellowship where all ages respectfully come together to worship and grow in God’s grace.
- Empower: we reach out in loving mission to bring comfort, support, and joy.
- Send: we are a church where everyone can grow in their journey with Christ, so that all may then share Christ’s love with the world.
- We are empowered by God to be in ministry through our prayers, our presence, our gifts, our service, and our witness.
- We believe in the priority of Scripture in our lives, and that it is interpreted through tradition, reason, and experience (Wesley’s Quadrilateral).
- We are committed to the doctrine of the United Methodist Discipline.
- We value children and youth and believe they are God’s special gifts to the church ministry.
- We value all of God’s people and creation.