We have different worship services and learning opportunities available:
A typical worship service at a United Methodist church may include a greeting and opening prayer, time for people to greet each other, scripture readings, silent prayer and meditation, an offering, the Lord’s Prayer, a children’s message, the sermon, special music and hymns, and a closing prayer.
Our Worship Services
There are two services on Sunday, and they are both in the sanctuary:
- 9:00 am – Traditional Service (hymns featuring a choir), communion service on the 1st Sunday of the month, and special holidays
- 11:15 am – Contemporary Service (modern worship songs featuring a live band), communion service every Sunday
All of our services are held in the Sanctuary—that’s the smaller building on the left side (as you face the front of the church)—and there are several doors by which you can enter. If you need to use a ramp you should use one of the handicap accessible entrances.
KUMC has two adult Sunday school classes that meet at 10 am.
- The Wallace Group: a mixture of singles and married adults, studying the Old and New Testaments as well as seasonal studies for Advent and Lent, led by Ken Passno.
- Christ in the Current : an inter-generational class that focuses on applying the Wesleyan Quadrilateral to current events and social concerns to discover how we can be more faithful and active Christians in 21st-century society, facilitated by Sean Claes.
We also have two groups that meet on days other than Sundays–check the calendar for days and times:
- Women’s Bible Study: meeting locally at a member’s house, this group will be studying a book by Jen Hatmaker.
- Reconciling Group: meeting twice a month this group is dedicated to providing a safe and open environment to explore God’s word, Christ’s teaching, and Biblical contemplation with an emphasis on justice and grace for ALL Gods children… meaning ANYONE who has been hurt, marginalized, demonized, demoralized, pushed aside, or made to feel less than human in the name of our Savior.